Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20, 2008

Got up today and did laundry, dishes, made hummingbird food, and vanilla flavoring (for my creamer)

I'm sad, I just found out that the hummingbirds will be leaving soon. I welcome them each morning.

This week dh trimmed a tree in front, so I cut it up and put it in a bag so the garbage guy would take it. Also gave the finches the last of the thistle seed...

Looking for something to sell at the school bazaar. What seems to work nicely is things that kids can MAKE or DO there, that cost up to $20. They always have a pottery wheel, and ceramics that you can paint. I was thinking pillow cases and fabric markers, or cooking aprons. Maybe even tote bags. Something that doesn't come in sizes. Also thought about marshmallow shooters as I've heard they do very well at bazaars, but they're pretty hard to get them to work.. They were a fun day though lol.

Also... looking for a handout here. My sister who makes it on just about NO money is asking me to give my niece, maybe 2 nieces piano lessons. I'd LOVE to. I've looked and can't really find any piano lesson books. Does anyone have any beginner books hanging around not being used? They can be written in and it doesn't matter how old they are. I have a 2nd book, but really need a beginner book. My book is probably 40 years old lol. I just want to show her the basics. She plays ALL of the time (sort of like I did) sounding stuff out and repeating endlessly..

Ben's got a pb&j, tortilla chips, and graham crackers for lunch :eyeroll:

Today I'm going to get a quote on windows at my mom's. Looks like it will be around $500. HAS to be done.

Anyone putting out Mums?

No comments: